These workshops are aimed at the amateur/beginner gardener who wishes to learn the basic principles and practices associated with plant propagation. Rosy's aim is to enable participants to confidently use their newly acquired skills at home in their own gardens, to increase their plant propagation success rates and enjoy the experience of being able to produce their own plants.
During the Summer Workshop Rosy will cover:
- The importance of Stock Plants and how to maintain them for propagation purposes.
- The tools, containers and growing media needed to take successful cuttings and sow seeds.
- How to take tip and basal cuttings and also root cuttings.
- How to split herbaceous plants and crucially the best times to do this.
- Seed collection, storage and sowing.
- Q&As on problems associated with propagation.
Participants will be able to take their cuttings home at the end of the workshop.