We are really looking forward to welcoming you to Hardy’s for our ‘Make Your Own Christmas Wreath’ Workshop, but first we need to tell you a few things which will help to keep you safe during your visit and hopefully answer any questions you may have.
The nursery is located up a narrow lane. Please take the turning off the B3400 at the brown sign saying ‘Hardy’s Cottage Garden Plants’ and go past the Watership Down Inn for approximately 400m turning right just before a small railway bridge. Please drive into our upper carpark, park up safely and then make your way to the entrance to the big Barn. There will be lights to indicate the entrance. If you feel unsure about arriving in the car park at night, please do ring 01256 896533 and one of our staff will come out to your car to accompany you to the workshop. Please note that staff will be available from 6.30pm.
When you arrive, you will be greeted by one of our friendly members of staff, who will ask you to register. A hot cup of tea or coffee will be available prior to the start of the Workshop.
- Please be aware that other workshop attendees will be arriving at the same time so please drive carefully.
- The workshop will take place in the large barn, which will have some background heating, but as it is likely to be a cold night please dress warmly with layers that you can adjust as necessary. Sensible and sturdy, warm footwear is strongly advised as some of the external pathways may be uneven and there is always a possibility that you may drop something on your foot.
- If either you or a member of your party has mobility problems please let us know in advance and we will ensure that there is a parking space available as close to the Shed as possible.
- A brief Fire Safety chat will be given prior to the start of the Workshop.
- Please be aware that you will be working with wire, sharp snips and some prickly natural materials and take care accordingly. We will give you guidance on how to use the snips safely. If you do cut yourself we have a first aider on site and plenty of plasters.
- Also if you have any allergies to the workshop materials, for example ivy which can be a skin irritant, please either refrain from using them or we will supply you with nitrile gloves to wear.
- You will be mostly standing during the workshop, but we can supply a chair if you need one.
- Trips, slips and falls - to help take care of yourself and your fellow workshop attendees please keep your working space tidy, don’t leave equipment or plants on the floor or pathways where they could become trip hazards and keep doorways clear at all times.
- At some point during the Workshop we will serve refreshments including a free glass of Prosecco and mince pies. Please note that non-alcoholic drinks including hot drinks are also available. If you suffer from any food related intolerances or allergies, please could you let us know as soon as possible and we will try and accommodate your needs. Always wash your hands after handling plants and before eating or smoking.
- We have a No Smoking policy within all buildings on site and throughout the duration of the workshop.
- We reserve the right to remove anyone from the Nursery if their behaviour is considered likely to cause offence or create a nuisance to other visitors or staff.
If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to contact us.